Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bone Biopsy

When I went in for my CT guided biopsy, it was not what I thought. I took a look at my bracelet that they put on you when you get checked in for a procedure. It said "bone biopsy". I freaked out. It was not a pleasant procedure. I am still awaiting the results. Each day I call my doctor and his secretary promises he will call, but he hasn't. I will call tomorrow until she can't stand the sound of my voice. Until she recognizes my voice! I am afraid, but Christina, his other assistant said "usually, if it is bad news, the doctor would have called sooner". So I am banking on that statement.

I am due for chemotherapy on Monday, so I have to have another blood test to see how tanked my RBC are...they aren't good enough yet for chemo so I have to wait a week more, but I have to have an injection in my tummy this week to stimulate my bone marrow to create red blood cells.

I will write tomorrow when I get the results. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed here. It's been our experience that bad news travels fast and you have to wait, biting your nails, for the good. Hope that's the way it is for you.

    ReplyDelete