Friday, September 24, 2010

Getting Away

I did something that was on my bucket list. One of my friends from my support group passed away and about a month before she passed she told me to be certain to take the time to do the things I put on my bucket list...so I did. I went on a little road trip and have to say that I am having a great time. Yes, I am in more pain than I am ever in at home, but it's totally worth it.

My daughter decided to move home, probably because of my diagnosis, so I drove to her Dad's to pick her up and get her personal items...i.e., books and clothes. Her dear friend, Miranda came along for the ride and to help with the driving. We went to the zoo today and had an amazing day. I was so sore from the walking, but oh my God!

I still have the drive home, but plan on stopping to see some sights on the way home. Miranda is not enjoying the trip and wishes she was home now, but I hope to change that on the way home...by stopping frequently and actually seeing some awesome, jaw dropping, american treasures. She has never been to a cave dwelling, a cavern, the Grand Canyon, Crater Lake.

Loving this week! I feel like I am living instead of just surviving.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Sandy! Have a glorious time with your daughter and I hope Miranda has started to enjoy herself, too.

    ReplyDelete