Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lung Surgery

Well, I found out this past week that my CAT scan showed 65 new nodules since May 2012.  I asked for a test to see if maybe those nodules were from a fungus from living in Kern County, but they weren't.  I had surgery on December 7th, 2012.  They took three wedge sections from my right lung.  Worse surgery ever.  Had to have a hose in my side to drain plural fluid from the lung space.  It is January 16th and I finally have seen some improvement in the incisions from the surgery.

I was told there was NO CANCER!  Woooo Hoooo!  Unfortunately, they are finding either a MAC infection which the body makes granulomas to protect itself in the lung, OR I have TB.  They have been growing a culture in the Hoag Path Lab for about 5-1/2 weeks now and I have been on Ethambutol and Azithromiacin since I saw the infectious disease doctor.

If it's TB, its a quarantine type situation until I have taken meds for about a month or six weeks.  Lovely Orange County Health Department...but my doctor doesn't think it is TB, he thinks I got MAC from a lowered immune system from the MISDIAGNOSIS by Doctor Chawla at the Sarcoma Center in Santa Monica.  He first said I had NEW tumors on my right buttock, which I didn't.  Once a year of treatment passed, he went from saying I had tumors in my leg to many different diagnoses, then he had me come to his office where he stared me right in the face and said he had been treating me the entire time for residual tumor in my left side...hello?  I'm not stupid. I have the scans and this blog that say that Vicki, his nurse, called me and said I had 7 new tumors on my RIGHT SIDE BUTTOCK.  Give me a break!

I am so over doctors, but apparently I will never be done using them.

I await the results of the wedge biopsy conclusively.

And another day begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment