Tuesday, February 22, 2011

After first day of radiation...

I am home, but got sick on my way back home. At first, I felt good, well not great, but I felt hungry, so I ate, and then my ride wanted to stop at the grocery store so I went to get a roll of quarters for laundry and practically knocked over a guy getting to the bathroom quick enough to avoid a "clean-up on aisle 2"...lol.

I tried eating a few small bites of food at home but once again did not feel well and laid down in a warm bath for about 1/2 hour. That felt good. Then I tried some butternut squash soup from Laura and Paul....just a few bites, then I waited. About 30 minutes later I tried another couple bites with a half a slice of bread. That was it for me...not a lot for a whole day for eating, but I will do better tomorrow.

What I am most worried about is the energy and life sucking effect that radiation has on me. It also screws with my organs near the area of the tumor.

It's times like this that I wish I had someone to put their arms around me through the night. Someone to put comforting arms around me at night to let me know I am safe, for the next few hours. Molly frequently jumps up and gets in front of me and I am quite surprised to find a big warm hairy dog in bed with me, however, it's not exactly what I am looking for....but my best friend does try, but she's still a dog.

Thanks for reading. I'll keep up with the posting with the rest of my battle with sarcoma.

One thing is certain....SARCOMA DOES NOT DEFINE ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment