Monday, October 25, 2010

10 days out from Chemo

I am 10 days out from my last chemo and back at the docs to get my blood work and a few shots in the tummy to boost red and white blood cells.

Yesterday I spent the day at ER because I have been steadily losing weight because I feel sick when I eat. They said I had an ulcer...wow, really? Probably from worrying about this "C" word stuff. When I got home I read up on ulcers...you don't avoid spicy food now...the capstacin in the spicy foods actually protects the stomach lining.

I want to ask the doctor about anti-depressants. I hate admitting that I need them, but I do. I am sad. I am tired of this life, centered around chemo appointments. I can't find a job...I want my life to go back to the way it was!

1 comment:

  1. Don't hesitate asking to speak with a doctor about anti-depressants. You've been through a lot and you'll most likely be going through more. If you were in physical pain, would you hesitate to ask for something to relieve that? Take care of yourself. Emotional distress can be more debilitating than physical distress.

    Good thoughts going out to you.

    ReplyDelete