Thursday, February 2, 2012

Appointment Set!

My biopsy for my left lung has been set for Monday. I just got all the instructions and found out that because of the depth of the nodule, it will be under general anesthetic. I have to have a treadmill test tomorrow and echo cardiogram.

They told me that I have to have someone drive me home from the biopsy and that after the procedure, I will have to stay at the hospital for 6 - 8 hours, then the person driving me home, has to stay with me overnight. They say not to be alarmed if I cough up blood after the procedure. Not only are they doing the biopsy, but they are also placing two coils at the site of the two larger sized nodules so that they can easily find them when they do the surgery to remove them about a week later. That hospitalization will be about 10 days, or more.

The surgery and biopsy will be done at the main hospital. Hoag, in Newport Beach. The radiologist will do the biopsy but the surgery will be done by Dr. Zusman.

This is all very surreal to me. I am so frightened now. I think I am going to start crying soon. It is all starting to be real to me. I hope I don't freak out too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment