Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Visit to the Lung Surgeon

Today I met with Dr. Zusman at Hoag Hospital. He is also a cancer survivor and I really liked him and his staff. He will be the one performing any lung surgery I need.

To begin with he verified my history, actually spent about 20 minutes talking "with" me about my past, starting from the first diagnosis of cancer in 2007. He walked with me through all of my surgeries, radiation appointments and doctors.

His feeling is that this nodule, based on my history is cancer, but is doing a fine needle biopsy first. The results of that will be in in about five days and based on that pathology, I will be scheduled for surgery.

The surgery will be performed at Hoag Hospital, the same place as the biopsy. My biopsy will be done on Monday or Tuesday...just six days from today. I was totally way over-emotional when I left the doctor, but now that I am home, I am amazingly calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment