Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blood Pressure Issues

First night in the hospital wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked. Since the tumors are in my bottom, I am laying on them for 12 hours now and I have been in pretty much constant pain. In the morning they took my blood pressure and assumed it was the very small amount of pain medication they gave me, so they left me without any meds at all for about 4 and a half hours. When that didn't resolve the blood pressure issues, they called my doctor. He ordered a fluid bolus, which is just an extra bag of saline. While that was being administered another nurse came in and told me I needed to be typed and cross matched for a blood transfusion.

I just signed off on the blood transfusion. Scary stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy,

    Wish I was there to give you a hug! Hopefully, today will be better. My cell phone went for a swim (quick swim, but totally wet and now broken) so I'm not getting calls on it! I'll be at my office today. Love you!!!! Get better..
    Karen

    ReplyDelete