Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sick, sick, sick

Today I am finally feeling better. Since Tuesday I have been sicker than I have been in a very long time. The night before last, I was very, very close to calling an ambulance.

It started with a slight cough and headache, but within 12 hours it turned into fevers of up to 102, nausea and vomiting, horrible chest pains and relentless stomach pains. Every time I took even the smallest bite of food the stomach pains would cause me to curl up into the fetal position and writhe in pain. I took all three types of nausea medications I had and the nausea and vomiting would ease up, but the minute I swallowed anything, the cramps would return. That continued for three days and nights.

My daughter said that she thought I should try Thieves Essential Oils. She drove to my sister's house and dropped off this miracle oil. I don't know if it worked or if I had suffered through the worst of it, but after one night of applying the oil, I actually feel better. I am still coughing horribly, but I only have a low grade fever and I just had some homemade chicken soup and did not get stomach cramps afterward.

Because I couldn't take a chance and not work, I continued to go to work through the worst chest/stomach flu I have ever had. I don't know if it was the chemo that made my experience with this bug worse than what everyone else has experienced, but I am so thankful that I am now past the worst of it.

Still, a days work takes everything I've got, so to bed I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment