Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In the End

In the end, my doctor told me that my blood counts sucked. They ended up dropping again, which made my RBC 8 and my platelets 30. I got a shot of Arenesp (I think that's what it is called), it is a shot to increase my ANC. They wanted to give me a shot of Neumega, a drug designed to increase my platelets, but they weren't sure my insurance would cover it, so I have to call back today to find out if I can get it...if I can, I will go back tomorrow.

I think Chawla is worried about my survival on this chemo. He seems concerned about the situation with my blood. He always talks to all of the other nurses and doctors about me when I am there...kind of secretively..just whispers you can kind of make out, but not really.

I know one thing. He won't let me go back to work until at least Wednesday. I asked and he was like....yeah...NO.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment