Friday, July 2, 2010

Step right up and pick one, any one...gall bladder, liver or pancreas....

While I had been in the hospital, you might remember that I spoke of a pain on my right side, up around my ribs. Well on Sunday I got a stabbing pain on my right side again. Even the day before it had prevented me from eating with just slight crampy type pains....that was Saturday. Sunday, I had the sharp stabbing pain that took my breath away. I remember thinking, feeeeewwwwwwwwww, that HURT. I even wrote myself a note and put it in my purse to share with the doc at Chawla's office. It happened again.....so I knew something was up. I went home and went straight to the couch, no food, just tv.

On Tuesday I got up and wasn't feeling great, but had promised Mom and Dad I was coming to visit, so after feeding a playing with my baby Molly, and giving Cowboy some attention, I drove out to Corona. I ended up laying on the couch after drinking some coffee. After a trip to Sams Club, I ended up on the floor in the bedroom I knew I was in trouble. I figured I would try to make it home with my groceries. I made it home but felt like I was dying. I called a few people and texted to get some help to the hospital.

Cori said she could make it, so she dropped what she was doing and raced to the rescue. She had to stop for gas and unfortunately, in her rush, hit a white pole across the back side quarter panel of her car, but she still came, and took me to the emergency room of Orange Coast Memorial, and after only a few hours in the ER, I was admitted to a room.

They ordered a CT with contrast. It took several days to get a doctor to come see me....I was in severe pain and basically was threatening to check myself out to that I could leave and go back to St. John's, where they knew me and I could be attended to by the staff that I trusted. That brings me to now. I had a ERC today, a Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography Exam Image done by a doctor Surinder Saini. They put in a shunt. My nurse when I returned was horrible. She started out nice, but became a walking disaster.

She first said she wanted to make sure I was comfortable, but then when I questioned her about my pain medication, she became very defensive. Luckily, my sister was here visiting to witness it all. She first came in and gave me my first shot of pain med and I didn't feel it, and she didn't empty the entire vial, she said she didn't want to put a lot of air into my line.....but once I complained, she was very happy to put the rest. I told her I didn't feel it and she said she did not give me the whole 2 ml because she was holding it for later, she didn't think I needed it. That was at 11:30. About 15 minutes later she came back in to give me the medication she missed and told me she was holding for later. I told her about my problem with another hospital and that I was happy I didn't have anything in my system so I could have my blood tested, and that I had called the charge nurse in that case, etc., etc., etc. .... Anyway, after giving me the remainder, she came in a little while later and I told her, since Debbie was leaving, that I was clear on the next time. She stated it would be later than I thought. I was upset and told her it should be at 1:30 and she said no, it will be 2:00. Even Debbie chimmed in and said that it would have been 12:30 had she not decided to "save" some for later. This was around 1:15....I knew I would be in pain by 1:30, especially after the recent procedure. She asked if I wanted her to call DR. FINK about the issue and get it approved. I told her that I have known Dr. Fink since 2007 and did NOT want her to wake up Dr. Fink in the middle of the night, that althought I was upset, I would deal with it until morning. She cam back at 1:30 with "good news", that she called Dr. Fink and asked anyway. I was so mad. I specifically asked her not to call and bother Dr. Fink and she did it anyway. She said it is good though. Dr. Fink said I could have 2 ml every 2 hours till 12:30 the next day, 6 more times, but then it was going to be 1 ml every 3 hours. I was still reeling from her calling Fink.

I told her not to call, and she did. I who does that? Unless she had something up her sleeve, this woman acting weird.

I just woke up for my 4:30 shot and she once again reminded me how good it was that Dr. Fink had agreed to what she said....nothing good is going to happen from that conversation she had....I'll write more later because I got a shot and I am still goofy, so this post will be edited later today when I am not so squinty eyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment