Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scans

They truly don't know what is wrong with me, so the testing will now commence. Tomorrow morning I will get an MRI, MRA and a HIDA scan. The first one, I have had many times. But I have never heard of an MRA or HIDA...so I looked them up.

I got two units of blood last night.

An MRI shows bone and soft tissue...and MRA shows deeper into the bone and blood vessels, and a HIDA scan is to see what is up with my gall bladder, or the entrance to it that the doctor did last week...the tube or stent he installed.

I also have a consult with a surgeon tomorrow also, to try to plan and schedule my surgery to either remove the gallbladder or to open it up.

I am very uncomfortable here in the hospital. I am sad, confused and worried about my future. I wasn't ready for this. I felt absolutely fine the other day when I arrived at the doctor's office. I expected to talk to my doctor and either go forward with chemo or not. I did not expect to have a host of nurses and doctor's hovering and scurrying about, getting blood and making calls, discussing me, just out of ear shot. It's scary.

Doctor Chawla came up and put his arm around me yesterday, swearing to take care of me. Once again, I am sicker than I thought. I immediately got a myriad of blood tests.

I begin and end each day the same way...laying in this hospital bed, staring at the television or posting on facebook. I worry about my apartment and Molly, at home wondering why I am not coming home.

Pain control is an issue. Laying on the tumors is painful, yet there is nothing they can do about it. I walk after meals and snacks, I try to walk to the outskirts of where they allow me to go. It's about time for pain meds now. I will call for it when I can't handle the pain anymore.

I'll try a nap now. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment