Monday, July 19, 2010

Results

The doctor said that my gallbladder doesn't function and will have to be removed, but that can't happen until I am better. They may have to do it the old way, called open surgery. Open surgery means that they make the old incision, like a big straight line cut into my upper abdomen, so if something goes wrong they can get in there quick and stop bleeding, etc.

I go see Doctor Chawla tomorrow morning. I have several questions for him, one particularly about this surgery and about me possibly hitchhiking or piggy backing a clinical trial in Boston.

I didn't want to think about other clinical trials, but I guess I will have too. I want to be around to see all of my kids become successful in their lives...and that might take awhile, so I am going to have to figure out a way to stick around so that I can do just that.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment