Monday, July 5, 2010

Why?

Today I am finally feeling better. I am still in pain, but it is decidedly less. I have decided to be at my doctor's office tomorrow morning, first thing. I want to get my liver functions done and I want to get a blood test done that tells definitively whether or not the problem I had was caused by some freak blockage or because it is in someway related to cancer. I looked up my symptoms and there are some indications that this type of problem can be caused by several things, the two that stuck out were bile duct cancer, or tumors, causing a blockage, and the other is that it can be caused by a immune deficiency problem. Obviously, I am hoping that mine has been caused by the immune deficiency.

There are tumor markers that the doctor can test for, so I will ask that they test for those first thing tomorrow morning.

I didn't fall asleep last night until almost 3 am. I couldn't lay down on my left or right side, I couldn't lay on my back, or on my stomach...the only choice I had was sitting up on the couch. I was low on pain medication because I hadn't filled my Rx for awhile, but luckily, I found an old script that was from May and was able to get that one filled.

I don't work till Friday, so I know that I will have some excellent opportunities to rest and relax before it is time to get back to work.

I need to take a break from this, so, I will get back to this subject maybe later tonight.


1 comment:

  1. You are strong and a fighter and you may come to a point when you say "enough!"----but, we hope, not yet! You've had plenty of setbacks and it is much more difficult when you also have financial burdens. But, we hope life is still worth the trials cancer has put you through. You have many who care about you and love you. Hang in there, maybe a cancer support group would be good???
    Sorry I have so much gooing on with Barney, I've been fairly worthless!

    Love you---keep fighting.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete