Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blood Levels

Went to see Dr. Chawla this morning with the help of my almost daughter. The doctors gave me a finger stick, which hurt more than anything else they have done. Bad news. Platelet count is 36 and white blood cell is .9. Bad enough to cause me to get the choice that I was expecting. Hospital or stay home, stay away from people and no shaving, no falling, no driving, no interaction with pets. It's hard to stay away from pets, especially my Molly.

So I have neupogen for the next three days. Injections to the tummy, by me....owwwweeeee!

Back to the clinic on Monday to re-check. If my levels are still bad, I am going to have to be hospitalized....I won't get a choice.

Luckily, I am supposed to have an answer on my anti nausea drug tomorrow morning.

Tired....one thing that this chemo does do is make me feel as though I have worked out hard and am suffering the following day. My leg muscles hurt the most, I have bruising everywhere, big ugly bruises from the blood problems.

Going to bed....going to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment